John is married to Joan and they have four children, three of whom are now married. He completed doctoral studies in church and mission and taught practical theology and missiology for eight years in Belfast Bible College. He is also a member of Council of Evangelical Alliance UK, director of Sophron, a network of apologists and apologetics trainers based in Northern Ireland, and author of several articles on BeThinking.
He has written several articles for BeThinking. He is the author of several books on Christian apologetics and the Christian mind.
You are here
Having a long previous experience in various academic leadership roles, he now works as Associate Professor in Systematic Theology and Christian Apologetics at Gimlekollen School of Journalism and Communication NLA Kristiansand , where he has lectured in worldviews, ethics, and apologetics since Lars wrote his PhD on Acts Open University, UK. Knowing 'why' we do anything is of core importance.
Where is our confidence to be found? What motivates us and sustains us in the long road of service?
Cross-Cultural Apologetics: Bridging Culture to Defend the Faith
This session aims to inform and inspire us in the apologetic task, the great and exciting task of sharing our faith at this pivotal time in European History. No one who is a believer would consciously deny the full Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Christian Apologetics as Cross Cultural Dialogue : Benno van den Toren : !
- Choosing Your Battles: American Civil-Military Relations and the Use of Force.
- Katy the Safety Lady, Teaching Kids to Stay Safe - Activity Book.
- Cross Cultural Apologetics in Uganda?
There are, however, a number of ways we inadvertently diminish His Lordship. This talk explores how a diminished Lordship impacts the way we use our minds as believers. A strong foundation for apologetics must begin with an acknowledgment of Christ's full Lordship. How ought this impact the way we think?
- Apologetics at the Cross: An Introduction for Christian Witness | ERLC!
- Apologetics & Evangelism.
- Once Youve Touched The Heart;
- Creating a Local Historical Book: Fiction and Non-Fiction Genres!
- Apologetics: Foundational | European Leadership Forum!
- Christian Apologetics as Cross-Cultural Dialogue (Electronic book text)?
- Cross Cultural Apologetics in Uganda.
Paul in Athens Acts 17 Lars Dahle. Despite its prominence historically, apologetics is seen as controversial in many Christian circles. Where and when it is practised, contemporary apologetics is often characterised by a neglect of biblical foundations and models.
Through discussion of an article written by the speaker, this session seeks to identify, explore, and apply such key biblical material. Volume 59 , Issue 3.
Apologetics In A Cross-Cultural Setting / I'Ching Thomas To Everyone An Answer podcast
The full text of this article hosted at iucr. If you do not receive an email within 10 minutes, your email address may not be registered, and you may need to create a new Wiley Online Library account. If the address matches an existing account you will receive an email with instructions to retrieve your username. The Heythrop Journal Volume 59, Issue 3.
Glenn B. Siniscalchi St.
Joseph's University, Philadelphia Search for more papers by this author. Read the full text. Tools Request permission Export citation Add to favorites Track citation. Share Give access Share full text access.
- Apologetics at the Cross: An Introduction for Christian Witness.
- Similar books and articles.
- Change Password.
- Crumbs from the Masters Table (Children of GOD Series of Poetry Book 2);
- The Vintage Book of International Lesbian Fiction!
- ALL STAR GOLF TECHNIQUE.
Share full text access. Please review our Terms and Conditions of Use and check box below to share full-text version of article. Volume 59 , Issue 3 May Pages